Server 2012 R2 is nearly here (Released on the 18th of Oct).
Take a look here to find out what’s new in Server 2012 R2.
There have been some updates to Group Policy in Server 2012:
– How to configure the Windows 8.1 start screen layout with Group Policy – This will make an IT admin’s life so much easier.
– Group Policy Caching – This feature will speed up the logon process because the Group Policy engine loads policy information from a local cache (Named a data store) instead of downloading it from a domain controller.
– Force refresh – This feature allows you to force a client to refresh it’s local and AD policies from the GPMC (Group Policy Management Console) (I can hear you screaming with joy!).
– Windows 8 support.
– New troubleshooting options.
– Download from Microsoft a full list of Server 2012 & Windows 8 group policy settings here.