Win 8.1 has been released and if you are already running Win 8 you can download it for free via the Windows store (The free update is 3.5 gb).
– The start button is back (Right clicking it gives you plenty of good options such as control panel, command prompt, explorer, shutdown, programs/features etc)
– You can now boot straight to the desktop
– Search has been improved
– Show multiple apps on the same screen
– New Windows store + apps can download/install automatically
– Updates to the Metro apps screen
– Skydrive is integrated into the Windows explorer
– IE 11
Issues I have discovered so far:
I discovered my iCloud calendar stopped working. Error “The information store could not be opened.” The fix was to uninstall the iCloud control panel. Restart. Install iCloud control panel again. Phew! You can download the iCloud control panel from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
What are your thoughts on Win 8.1?