Need to grab the drivers from one PC to use on another?
Here is an easy way to backup all of your windows drivers using Microsoft’s DISM utility:
- Search for cmd (Command Prompt), right click on it and run it as an administrator.
- Create a folder to save your drivers to such as c:\drivers
- Type in: dism /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers
To use these drivers on another machine:
- Click on the missing driver
- Update Driver Software,
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Where it says “Search for driver software in this location” type in c:\drivers
- Windows will search all of the folders in this path to find the correct driver
Need to know more what the DISM utility can do? Read this Microsoft article.
Did our article help you? Here are some ways you can help us.
Have a look at our IT Tech Tool Kit List, need ideas on what to buy? I have listed my top 30 tools here.