Pairing Apple AirPods to an iPhone was so easy. It’s also easy with Windows:
- Make sure your PC has Bluetooth. If you don’t have Bluetooth version 5 you may run into issues. I’ll discuss this later. If you have a desktop PC without bluetooth you can buy a Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter (Amazon USA Link).
- Leave the AirPods in the case and open the lid. Press and hold down the botton on the back of the case and you will see the light flashes white.
- On the start button type “bluetooth” and click on “Bluetooth and other devices settings”.
- Click Add Bluetooth or other device
- Click on Bluetooth
- Select on “Name’s AirPods”
How do I disconnect them from the PC and use AirPods on my iPhone?:
- Open the Bluetooth menu e.g On the start button type “bluetooth” and click on “Bluetooth and other devices settings”.
- Click on “Name’s AirPods” and click disconnect.
To achieve the best experience you will want to be using Bluetooth version 5 which the AirPods were designed for.
The first gen AirPods use the W1 chip (Bluetooth v4.2) and the 2nd gen use the H1 chip (Bluetooth v5).
The advantages of Bluetooth v5 are better power management, dual audio (Play audio on two devices/AirPods), improved speed and range.
I’m using a Bluetooth USB adapter how do I tell if it’s Bluetooth version 5?:
Check this link from MS which explains how to view the Bluetooth version by checking the firmware version in device manager.
Did our article help you? Here are some ways you can help us.
Have a look at our IT Tech Tool Kit List, need ideas on what to buy? I have listed my top 30 tools here.