Win 8.1 has been released and if you are already running Win 8 you can download it for free via the Windows store (The free update is 3.5 gb).
– The start button is back (Right clicking it gives you plenty of good options such as control panel, command prompt, explorer, shutdown, programs/features etc)
– You can now boot straight to the desktop
– Search has been improved
– Show multiple apps on the same screen
– New Windows store + apps can download/install automatically
– Updates to the Metro apps screen
– Skydrive is integrated into the Windows explorer
– IE 11
Issues I have discovered so far:
I discovered my iCloud calendar stopped working. Error “The information store could not be opened.” The fix was to uninstall the iCloud control panel. Restart. Install iCloud control panel again. Phew! You can download the iCloud control panel from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
What are your thoughts on Win 8.1?
By the way have you seen the RAVPower FileHub? It's a travel Router with wifi AC750 300Mbps Wi-Fi on 2.4Ghz or 433 Mbps on 5Ghz. It includes an SD Card Reader, 6700mAh Battery and can connect an SSD hd. Make this a portable NAS to store your pics and videos or upload your SD card pics/videos to a SSD hd. This is a bargain for under $60. (Amazon USA Link)
Did our article help you? Here are some ways you can help us.
Have a look at our IT Tech Tool Kit List, need ideas on what to buy? I have listed my top 29 tools here.